Oct 25, 2010

A blogging endeavor

At some point over the quarter break (which roughly translates to when everyone else is in school/working), I watched a part of Ferris Bueller with my family.  And I was embarrassed.
“Hey, have you been there?”
“No.”
“Have you seen that?”
“Not that I remember.”
“Meg, what’s that?”
“I have no idea.”
“… Where have you been the last four months?”
That’s when it occurred to me that I’ve been a bad Chicagoan. 
As such, I am instituting a weekly assignment in order for me to get out and about the city more.  You read that right, I’m giving myself more homework.
Introducing: Tourist Tuesday
For the next couple of weeks, I’m going to visit a Chicago landmark, staple or highlight.
I’ve sort of got a list going for places and or events I’d like to go to or attend. But I’m generally going to let things happen on their own.
So, get excited. The first Tourist Tuesday hits Barefoote tomorrow.

No comments: